Health & Wellness
Promoting Health & Wellness
Senior Health Services
Given our mission to promote resident health and wellness, Waterside Landing is committed to regularly evaluating the health needs of each of our residents in order to develop an appropriate senior care plan that ensures the right mix of personal support, care, diet, exercise, and medication management.
Our Care Services
Services are available as needed, and include:
- Staffed 24 hours a day to provide compassionate care, including post-hospital and post-surgical support.
- Expert medication management and administration to ensure that medicines are taken as prescribed, plus coordination of pharmacy services and deliveries.
- Coordination of physician services as needed, including scheduling of appointments and provision of transportation to doctors’ offices, plus the option of convenient in-house visits from providers with specialties such as primary care, podiatry, dermatology and geriatric psychiatry.
- Memory Care and Special Care Programs.
- Coordination of rehabilitative therapy services, including the options of offsite appointments or using our convenient in-house therapy services.
- The experienced and dedicated team of Health and Wellness Directors, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Resident Assistants at Waterside Landing consistently provides our residents with the highest standard of senior care and support available.
Our care staff is trained in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) as well as the use of our Automated External Defibrillators (AED) that are placed around the property. Residents and families are reassured that we provide swift response to medical emergencies.
Waterside Landing is a leader in offering senior health and Wellness information clinics and seminars in conjunction with the local health & wellness community serving Margate and surrounding Broward County communities.
Nearby Medical Care
Our community location is convenient to physician offices and medical care, including Northwestern Hospital, Broward Health, The Cleveland Clinic, West Boca Medical Center and many supportive and specialized medical services.
Health & Wellness
An Integrated Approach to Wellbeing
Because research shows benefits for healthful aging, we plan our programs to support wellbeing through an integrated mind-body-spirit approach to health and wellness. In addition to health care, our health and wellness approach combines physical activity, mental stimulation, nutrition, socialization, and spiritual fulfillment as follows:
- Physical Activity
Physical activity supports heart, muscular and skeletal strength and supplies oxygenated blood to the brain, supporting cognitive health.
- Mental Stimulation
Mental stimulation helps develop and maintain cellular connections in the brain and defend against neurodegenerative conditions.
Nutrition is important in combating the effects of aging. For example, foods such as salmon, fish oil and walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that support brain and heart health, while foods like blueberries, broccoli, green tea and chocolate are rich in antioxidants that help defend against cancers and the impact of damaging agents (free radicals) on the brain.
Socialization is very important to keeping people happy and stimulated, which in turn supports health, cognitive function, and even longevity, according to some studies.
- Spiritual Fulfillment
Spiritual fulfillment and being part of a community are also shown to help reduce stress and contribute to health, happiness and longevity.
Using these core principles, we seek to promote wellbeing so that each resident experiences a quality of life that makes each day enjoyable.